It’s almost a year since Stand Up for Siblings launched on 9 March 2018! On 8 March 2019, the Stand Up for Siblings partners are looking forward to a conference organised by two of its members Clan Childlaw and Siblings Reunited (STAR) which will look at practice, policy and legal developments in delivering sibling contact for looked after children in Scotland. You can find out more about the conference here.
Registration for the event in Glasgow is free, but places are limited!
The conference is the closing event of Clan and STAR’s project ‘Sibling Contact for Looked After Children’, a two-year project funded by the Scottish Government CYPFEIF and ALEC Fund to run training workshops on sibling contact all around Scotland.
Many of the delegates of the workshops will attend the conference, along with campaigners, Scottish Government and others with an interest in the sibling relationships of looked-after and care experienced children and young people.
We’re looking forward to hearing how practice is developing and discussing what needs to happen now to deliver change for care experienced brothers and sisters around Scotland.
- Minister for Children and Young People Maree Todd MSP
- Children and Young People’s Commissioner Scotland Bruce Adamson
- Dr Chris Jones, Strathclyde University & co-founder of Stand Up for Siblings
- Theighan McGirr, Who Cares? Scotland
- Laura Beveridge & Lynne O’Brien, Independent Care Review
- John Leckie & Alexander MacDonald, Renfrewshire Children’s Panel
- Karen Morrison, founder of Siblings Reunited (STAR)
- Alison Reid, Principal Solicitor, Clan Childlaw
- Rhona Pollock, AFA Scotland
For further information please contact email@example.com.